What’s the difference between CREW Network membership and CREW Houston membership?
CREW Houston is an affiliate organization of CREW Network. Therefore, a member of CREW Houston is also a member of CREW Network. This global Network is comprised of 75+ affiliate organizations with a total membership of more than 12,000 CRE professionals.
While the overall purpose and goals of CREW Houston reflect those of CREW Network, CREW Houston has its own unique structure allowing it to meet the needs of its market. CREW Houston uses the CREW Network Qualified Fields of Commercial Real Estate (QFCRE) to guide its membership criteria and experience prerequisite, and determines its own dues, programs and member activities.
How often do you meet? What’s the time commitment for membership?
CREW Houston typically holds a luncheon once a month on the first Wednesday of each month, and periodically hosts additional professional development/networking events. We encourage members to get involved on a committee to help maximize your membership experience. Committee participation can vary, but each committee normally has a one-hour meeting or conference call once a month.
What are the benefits of membership?
- Networking Events: Anytime CREW members come together, networking and business development happens
- Member-Only Events: Small Intimate special events with a networking and social component
- Monthly Industry Lunch Programs: CREW prides itself on offering current, informative monthly programs on topics of interest to our members and guests.
- CREW Houston Committees: Joining a CREW Houston committee is the best way to get to know fellow CREW Houston members, share your business information and make deals happen.
- CREW Network: The national federation of over 75 CREW Chapters in the US and Canada. This affiliation allows our members access to well over 11,000+ CREW members.
As a CREW Houston member, you also have access to all CREW Network benefits:
- Exclusive access to CREWbiz, an online business networking tool, membership directory, speakers’ directory and personal marketing profile. Your profile on CREWbiz can be used to promote your skills and expertise to our member base of more than 11,000 professionals globally.
- Discounted registration to the CREW Network Convention and Marketplace
- Discounted registration to the winter, spring and fall CREW Network Leadership Summits
- Exclusive access to programs and leadership trainings, including the CREW Network Certificate in Leadership
- Complimentary copy of all CREW Network industry research benchmark studies and white papers
- Access to hundreds of industry job postings and career assistance through the CREW Network Career Center
What are the requirements to join? How much does membership cost?
- Full Membership: Applicant must have current direct involvement in Commercial Real Estate for a period of at least five (5) years. The applicant's primary business must be derived primarily (75%) from a discipline listed on the membership application and must have CREW Houston Board of Directors approval.
- Associate Membership: Applicant must have current direct involvement in Commercial Real Estate for a period of at least two (2) years. The applicant's primary business must be derived primarily (75%) from a discipline listed on the membership application and must have CREW Houston Board of Directors approval.
- Affiliate Membership: Applicant must be currently employed in, and have at least five (5) years of experience in a field related to commercial real estate, which benefits, supports or supplies a service or product to CRE professionals, including business development, contractors, furnishing, janitorial, landscaping, marketing/public relations, painting, property maintenance, roofing, subcontractors, etc.
- Student Membership: individuals who are in good standing and currently enrolled in a program of study intended to lead to a career in a qualifying commercial real estate field and are either (a) full-time (12 hours or more) undergraduate students at a four (4) year college or university who have completed a minimum of sixty (60) credit hours; or (b) graduate students pursuing master’s, doctorate degrees (including, without limitation, a juris doctorate).
Dues are $425 a year, plus a $30 non-refundable application fee.
What is the application process?
- Potential Member must have attended 2 monthly luncheons within the 12 months prior to submitting application
- Potential member must include a digital photograph.
- Potential member must have sponsor signatures on application.
Where do I send my check?
Check can be mailed to:
P.O. Box 59
Bellaire, TX 77402
Can I pay by credit card?
Yes, you may pay by credit card, if you would like.